Chunky Fish Soup
|Leeks||2 , sliced|
|Celery sticks||2 , chopped|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||14 Ounce|
|Mixed fish||1 Pound (Cod, Haddock, Whiting, 450 Gram)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Fish stock/Vegetable stock||1⁄2 Pint|
|Vegetable stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Croutons||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
1) Heat a pan, melt the butter. Put in the leeks and celery. Saute for 5 minutes until they are soft.
2) Pour in wine and stock, and then add tomatoes and turmeric. Let it come to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
3) Make fillets out of the fish and cut it in chunks.
4) Put in the all seafood and let it simmer for a further 5 to 8 minutes.
5) Serve hot in soup bowls, garnished with parsley, croutons and grated Parmesan cheese.
TO PREPARE THE SQUID: Gently pull and remove head and tentacles.
When pulled, the inedible head and ink sac will come away together.
Insert your fingers into the body pouch and remove the plasticky quill-shaped backbone.