Cream Of Cauliflower Soup
|Cauliflower||1 Medium, cut into flowerets|
|Onion||1 , peeled, chopped|
|Celery stalk||1 , cut into 1 inch slices|
|Chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a slow cooker or crock pot combine vegetables, broth and seasonings. Stir to mix well.
2. Close pot tightly with its lid.
3. Allow the vegetables to cook on HIGH for about 4 hours, or cook on LOW for about 8 hours, if you are preparing the soup for supper.
4. Turn the vegetables and broth into a liquidizer and blend or press through a fine mesh sieve into a smooth thick puree.
5. Return the puree to the pot.
6. Stir in the cream and blend into the puree.
7. Cover pot again and let cook on HIGH for 10 minutes.
8. Ladle the cream soup into warmed soup bowls or soup plates.
Calories 254 Calories from Fat 165
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.9%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.6 mg22.2%
Sodium 1182.6 mg49.3%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.2%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A 13.6% Vitamin C 169.7%
Calcium 10% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet