Curried Cauliflower Soup With Lime
|Olive oil/Canola oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Canola oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Large, coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Cauliflower florets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|All purpose potatoes||8 Ounce, peeled and diced|
|Chicken stock||2 Quart|
|Fresh lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Chop the cauliflower florets coarsely and keep aside.
2. In a saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
3. Add the onions and garlic to the oil
4. Saute the vegetables for about 3 minutes, until softened.
5. Add the curry powder and spices, if using.
6. Saute the mixture for about 3 minutes longer.
7. Now add the chopped florets, potatoes, and stock to the pan.
8. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for about 20 to 25 minutes.
9. Remove the pan from the heat.
10. With a slotted spoon, take the vegetables out of the pan and into a blender or food processor and make a smooth puree.
11. Add the puree to the pan and put the pan back on heat.
12. Finally, add the lime juice, salt, and pepper and stir them in.
13. Serve hot in soup bowls.
Calories 288 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.1%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.5 mg3.2%
Sodium 558.7 mg23.3%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24.2%
Sugars 12.5 g
Protein 12 g24.9%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 117.1%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet