|Onion||7 Medium, sliced|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Carrot||1 , diced|
|American cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded|
|Cooked peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In large saucepan saute onion and celery in butter for about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in flour and mustard and remove from heat.
3. In 2 cups of hot water dissolve bouillon cubes.
4. To the onion mixture in the saucepan add bouillon and carrot and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
5. Simmer covered, for 15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
6. Add milk and heat almost to boiling and then add 1 1/4 cups cheese and peas.
7. Simmer stirring, until cheese melts.
8. Add salt and pepper and garnish with remaining cheese.
9. Serve with croutons.