|Salted butter||2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Defatted chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Homemade Or Canned)|
|Long grain rice||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Skim milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter buds||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a large heavy, preferably cast iron skillet, meat the butter and heat with oil over moderate heat.
2. Add the onions, and sauté them for about 5 minutes, until softened by not browned.
3. Tip in carrots, broth, and rice and stir to mix.
4. Cover pan and simmer gently for about 25 minutes, or until carrots tender.
5. Turn off heat and let mixture cool slightly.
6. Pour the mixture into a large food processor or liquidizer jar.
7. Blend into a smooth thick puree.
8. Return the puree to the pan, add the hot water to adjust the consistency of the soup.
9. Season soup with sugar, salt, and pepper to taste.
10. You can refrigerate the puree if made in advance or reheat if serving immediately.
11. Mix together the milk and butter granules.
12. Add the mixture to hot soup, and heat until piping hot.
13. Ladle the hot soup into warm soup bowls or cups.
14. Serve plain or garnish with chopped parsley, chives or dill if you like.
Calories 179 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.8 mg1.9%
Sodium 631 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 8 g15.3%
Vitamin A 413.3% Vitamin C 16.1%
Calcium 17.2% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet