Copenhagen Oxtail Soup
|Oxtails pieces||3 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Carrots||2 , pared and sliced|
|Parsnip||1 , pared and sliced to make 3/4 cup|
|Turnip||1 , pared and sliced|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Savory||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Eggs mimosa||4 (As Required)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2) In shallow roasting pan, place the oxtails in a single layer and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
3) Roast in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until browned. Then drain and reserve 2 tablespoons of the fat.
4) In a kettle or Dutch oven, saute the onion, carrots, parsnip and turnip in the reserved fat for 10 minutes, or until soft.
5) Stir in the oxtails, then drizzle over the brandy and flame.
6) Pour water into the roasting pan where the oxtails were roasted, then stir continuously to dissolve the browned bits and pour into the Dutch oven.
7) Stir in the savory and bay leaf, bring to a boil, then simmer covered on a low heat for 2 hours until thoroughly cooked.
8) Ladle into the soup bowls, garnish each with 1/2 egg, sprinkle with the parsley and serve immediately with crusty French bread.