Pea and Ham Soup
|Onion||1 , peeled, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Potatoes||12 Ounce, peeled, cubed|
|Celery stick||2 , sliced|
|Green peas||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Vegetable stock/Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Pint (900 Milliliter)|
|White wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooked ham||6 Ounce, cubed (175 Gram)|
|Parsley sprigs||1 (For Garnish)|
1) In a saucepan, melt some butter with oil.
2) Sauté onion and garlic till they are soft but not browned.
3) Put in potatoes and celery and stir fry for 5 minutes.
4) Put in the peas and pour stock and wine over the vegetables.
5) Add salt and pepper to season. Allow it to come to a boil and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
6) Take it away from heat and let it cool a bit.
7) Transfer it to a liquidizer and puree it.
8) Return the puree to the saucepan and stir in the cream and ham.
9) Heat the mixture but not boil it.
10) Check if the seasoning is alright else, add more.
11) Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot.
Calories 278 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.3%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.2 mg12.4%
Sodium 271.7 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.7%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 13 g26.9%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 73.5%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet