|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Leeks||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Cabbage||5 Cup (80 tbs), shredded|
|Beef consomme||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1) In a saucepan, add butter.
2) Saute onions, leeks and celery in butter, for about 10 minutes.
3) To this, add beef consomme, seasonings and shredded cabbage. Mix well.
4) Simmer for 30 minutes.
5) Transfer to a soup bowl and stir in carrots and parsley just before serving.
6) Serve hot along with toasted bread or breadsticks.