Curried Golden Squash Soup
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly prepared vegetable broth/Homemade chicken broth||6 Cup (96 tbs), defatted|
|Idaho potatoes||1 Pound, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice (2 Medium)|
|Yellow summer squash||2 Pound, trimmed and sliced (6 Pieces)|
|Plain non-fat yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Green zucchini||1 Small, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch dice|
|Ripe plum tomatoes||3 , seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice (For Garnish)|
|Flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped (For Garnishing)|
1. In a large heavy pot, melt butter over low heat.
2. Add onions.
3. Stir and cook for about 10 minutes until the onions are wilted.
4. Add the curry powder.
5. Cook with constant stirring for 2 minutes until the flavors are blended.
6. Pour broth.
7. Add potatoes and simmer uncovered over medium heat for 15 minutes.
8. Season with salt.
9. Add yellow squash and simmer for another 10 minutes.
10. Take out 1 cup broth from the pot.
11. In a bowl take 1 cup of the yogurt.
12. Gradually whisk in the warm broth into the yogurt to temper.
13. Return the mixture by pouring slowly into the soup.
14. In a food processor or blender, puree the soup in small batches until smooth.
15. Return the soup to the pot.
16. Adjust seasonings to taste.
17. Add zucchini and just heat the soup over low heat; do not boil.
18. Ladle soup into small serving bowls.
19. Top each soup bowl with a dollop of yogurt.
20. Garnish with chopped tomato and parsley.