Hearty Soup Special
|Celery stalks||3 Large, each cut in thirds|
|Potatoes||3 , peeled|
|Carrots||2 , peeled|
|Onions||2 , halved|
|Condensed chicken broth||21 1⁄2 Ounce (Two 10 3/4 Ounce Cans)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Zucchini/8 ounces fresh mushrooms||2 Small|
|Diced cooked chicken||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Canned chickpeas/12 ounce can corn, undrained||20 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Frozen pea pods||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Rice/Pasta||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In the bowl, position the disc with the slicing side up.
2) Slice the carrots, onions, potatoes and celery. Once the vegetables reach the bowl’s Fill level, empty it.
3) Combine together the celery, potatoes, carrots, onions, soup, bay leaf and thyme in an 8-quart heavy pot.
4) Add the water and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
5) In the bowl, position the disc with the slicing side up and slice the zucchini.
6) Add the slices zucchini to the soup, along with all the remaining ingredients, and simmer for 30 more minutes. If required, add more water. Keep stirring occasionally.
7) Serve hot.
Calories 659 Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106.9 mg35.6%
Sodium 1798.3 mg74.9%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g33%
Dietary Fiber 15.5 g62.1%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 48 g95.8%
Vitamin A 128.3% Vitamin C 173.3%
Calcium 18.1% Iron 38.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet