Potato Comfit Soup
|Potatoes||6 Cup (96 tbs), peeled, cubed|
|Onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a slow cooker, combine together the vegetables, water, 1/4 cup butter, salt and pepper.
2) Cover the cooker and cook over high heat for 7 to 8 hours or till the vegetables are soft.
3) Add the milk and stir well.
4) To make the drop noodles, beat the eggs in a small bowl and add just enough flour to make a very soft batter which is almost runny.
5) Into the hot soup in the cooker, dribble spoonfuls of the batter. To make the task easier, use two spoons, one to dip up the noodles and the other to push them into the cooker. Ensure that the noodles are not bid clumps. However, they need to be bid enough to hold together.
6) Cover the cooker and cook over low heat for about 60 minutes more.
7) Serve hot after adding parsley and a block of butter or margarine to each serving.
Calories 466 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.2%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 125.1 mg41.7%
Sodium 1130.9 mg47.1%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.6 g46.3%
Sugars 14.4 g
Protein 16 g32.5%
Vitamin A 122.7% Vitamin C 139.6%
Calcium 27.6% Iron 40.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet