Potato Comfit Soup
|Potatoes||6 Cup (96 tbs), peeled, cubed|
|Onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a slow cooker, combine together the vegetables, water, 1/4 cup butter, salt and pepper.
2) Cover the cooker and cook over high heat for 7 to 8 hours or till the vegetables are soft.
3) Add the milk and stir well.
4) To make the drop noodles, beat the eggs in a small bowl and add just enough flour to make a very soft batter which is almost runny.
5) Into the hot soup in the cooker, dribble spoonfuls of the batter. To make the task easier, use two spoons, one to dip up the noodles and the other to push them into the cooker. Ensure that the noodles are not bid clumps. However, they need to be bid enough to hold together.
6) Cover the cooker and cook over low heat for about 60 minutes more.
7) Serve hot after adding parsley and a block of butter or margarine to each serving.