Navy Bean Soup
|Dry navy beans||1 Pound|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Ground thyme||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Thyme||1⁄2 Tablespoon, ground|
|Lemon pepper||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Ham hock/1 pound of ham pieces||1 Pound|
1) In water, soak the beans overnight. Strain the stones out but reserve the liquid.
2) In a slow cooker, combine together all the ingredients.
3) Cover the cooker and cook over low heat for about 8 to 10 hours.
4) Debone the meat and cut it neatly into bite-sized pieces. Keep the ham aside.
5) In a blender, puree about 3/4th of the soup in small batches. Once the blending is done, add the meat and stir well.
6) Serve hot.