Dorothy's Split Pea Soup
|Minced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Split green peas||1 Pound, washed and stones removed (2 Cups)|
|Minced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried marjoram||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Dried savory||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Removing any stones wash and sort split peas.
2. In slow cooker combine ingredients and cook with cover on Low for 8-10 hours.
3. Removing the ham bone cut meat off and dice.
4. To the soup add meat to soup and stir through.
5. To serve, remove bay leaf.