Cold Cucumber Soup With Yogurt
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Plain yogurt||24 Ounce (3 Containers, 8-Ounce Each)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , freshly juiced|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Extracted From 1/2 Lemon)|
|Chicken stock||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Fresh mint sprigs/Fresh chives||6 , chopped|
1. Peel and halve the cucumber and scoop out the seeds.
2. Grate the cucumber into a small bowl using a coarse grater.
3. In a large mixing bowl add garlic and salt and mash with the back of the spoon.
4. Add oil and continue to mash until mixture is a smooth paste.
5. Beat in yogurt and lemon juice.
6. Stir cold chicken stock into the yogurt mixture.
7. Add grated cucumber and mix well.
8. Cover and refrigerate until soup is chilled.
9. Ladle into cold soup cups or glasses and garnish with mint or chives.