Hot and Sour Shrimp Soup
|Fish stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Lemongrass/1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Hot red chili pepper/Green chili pepper||To Taste, finely chopped (Use Fresh)|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce, sliced|
|Medium shrimp||4 Ounce, peeled and deveined|
|Rice vinegar/White vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Reduced-sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Scallions||2 , thinly sliced|
1. In a small bowl, combine the rice vinegar and soy sauce with cornstarch.
2. Stir the mixture until it forms a smooth paste.
2. Put a saucepan on low heat and combine the fish stock, lemon-grass, garlic, and chili pepper in it.
3. Simmer the mixture, partially covered, for about 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the mushrooms and shrimp.
5. Simmer, partially covered, for about 3 minutes longer, until the mushrooms are soft and the shrimp turn pink.
6. Stir in the cornstarch mixture into the simmering soup.
7. Bring the soup to a boil and remove from heat.
8. Stir in the sliced scallions into the soup and serve in bowls.