Spinach Soup with Broccolini
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Leeks||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, mince|
|Fresh herbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop (Italian parsley, marjoram and basil)|
|Lemon zest||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Broccolini||1 1⁄2 Pound (stem and florets seperated)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable stock||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Spinach||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
1. Wash and clean the spinach, cut the broccolini and separate the stems from the florets, set aside.
2. In a large soup pot sauté onions in olive oil until they are translucent.
3. Add leeks and sprinkle sea salt and pepper, sauté for few minutes.
4. Add garlic and sauté for 10 minutes over medium low heat.
5. After 10 minutes add fresh herbs, broccolini stems and vegetable stock.
6. Simmer for 2-3 minutes and allow stems to become tender then add the florets.
7. Simmer for 5 minutes and once the broccolini is fork tender, add spinach and lemon zest.
8. Allow it to cook for few minutes and then turn off the heat and blend the soup into batches in a blender.
9. Blend until smooth in consistency, once done transfer in a bowl.
10. Transfer it back to the soup pot and add cream and stir, adjust the seasoning at this point.
11. Stir everything well until everything is well combined, add lemon juice and stir.
12. Serve with crusty bread and parmesan cheese if you like.
Calories 417 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.8%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.1 mg1.4%
Sodium 821.5 mg34.2%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.5%
Sugars 26 g
Protein 7 g15%
Vitamin A 55.1% Vitamin C 126.7%
Calcium 25.2% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet