Easy And Healthy Soupe Au Pistou
|Green beans||8 Ounce, sliced (250 Grams)|
|Haricot beans||8 Ounce (250 Grams, Fresh / Dried)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Courgettes||3 , sliced|
|Potatoes||4 , diced|
|Tomatoes||4 , skinned, deseeded and chopped|
|Hot water||3 1⁄2 Pint (2 Liters)|
|Shell pasta||8 Ounce (250 Grams)|
|For the pistou|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), peeled|
|Fresh basil leaves||20|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||8 Ounce (250 Grams)|
1. In a saucepan bring beans, onion, courgettes, potatoes and the chopped tomatoes retaining a few and to a boil and simmer over low heat for about 45 minutes.
2. For making the pistou, in a motor add garlic, basil leaves and the remaining tomatoes and crush with a pestle and keep aside.
3. To it add olive oil, Parmesan, salt and pepper and smoothen the paste.
4. To the saucepan with the simmered vegetables add pasta and cook over low heat for more 15-20 minutes.
5. To serve stir in half pasta to the soup and ladle it into separate bowls with a topping of grated cheese and pistou.