November's Mystery Soup
|Yellow onion||1 , chopped|
|Red onion||1 , chopped|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||10 Cup (160 tbs)|
|Small white beans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped spinach/Chard||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced carrot||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Or Chunks)|
|Yellow split peas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mineral salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a large pot, saute the basil, oregano and onion in the oil until lightly golden.
2) Stir in the carrots and saute another 5 minutes.
3) Stir in the split peas and mix well to coat with the oil.
4) Pour the water, stir and allow to boil.
5) Stir in the spinach or chard, seasonings and white beans, then simmer for 2 hours until beans are soft.
6) Stir in the lemon juice and adjust the seasonings.
7) Pour in the soup bowls and serve immediately.