Creamy Celery And Rice Soup
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely shredded lemon peel||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Light cream/Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced almonds||2 Tablespoon, toasted|
1. In a mixing bowl, place the light cream or milk and cornstarch.
2. Stir them together to mix well. Keep aside.
3. In a microwaveable casserole, place the chicken broth, celery, lemon peel, and pepper and mix well.
4. Cover the casserole and place it in the microwave.
5. In the microwave, cook the mixture on 100 per cent power or High for 9 to 11 minutes, till celery is tender, stirring once in between.
6. Take the casserole out of the microwave, and add the cream mixture and rice.
7. Stir everything in to mix well.
8. Place the casserole back in the microwave. Do not cover.
9. In the microwave, cook the mixture on 100 per cent power or High for 2 to 3 minutes, till it is bubbly, stirring once every minute till the soup starts thickening, and once every 30 seconds after that.
10. Continue cooking for 1 minute more.
19. Serve hot, sprinkled with almonds.