Cream Of Corn Soup
|Chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Potato||1 , peeled and cut into small pieces|
|Celery stalks||2 , finely chopped|
|Corn kernels||1 Cup (16 tbs), freshly shucked|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1)Take a 2-quart glass or ceramic casserole and add chicken broth, onion, potato and celery.
2) Cover the contents and cook on high in the microwave for about 6 minutes, till potato and celery become tender.
3) Remove from the microwave and blend all to a smooth puree.
4) Mix in the corn.
5) Add cream of about 3/4th cup. Cook on low in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
6) Add the remaining 1/4th cup of cream along with the egg yolks to the soup.
7) Cook without lid in the microwave for 30 seconds.
8) Season with required salt .
Calories 405 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.7%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g61.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 159.2 mg53.1%
Sodium 593.7 mg24.7%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.5%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 10 g19.1%
Vitamin A 16.1% Vitamin C 22.3%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet