Cream Of Mushroom Soup Using Chicken Stock
|Plain flour||1 Ounce (2 Tablespoons)|
|Chicken stock||2 Pint|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Chop the onion finely.
2) Rinse the mushrooms and slice them finely.
3) In a heavy pan, add the onion and gently cook it till it has turned transparent.
4) Add the mushrooms and continue to cook, stirring after every 5 minutes.
5) Take the pan off the heat and add the flour. Blend well.
6) Heat the stock. The stock can either be home-made or made from readymade stock cubes.
7) Gradually add the heated stock to the mushroom mixture. Keep stirring constantly.
8) Add the salt, pepper and the bay leaf and bring the mixture to a boil, continuously stirring.
9) Gently simmer for about 5 minutes and then take out the bay leaf.
10) Serve hot. Right before serving, stir in the cream and heat thoroughly without boiling.
Calories 704 Calories from Fat 283
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.6%
Saturated Fat 18.4 g91.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79.6 mg26.5%
Sodium 1777.3 mg74.1%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 33.6 g
Protein 20 g39.3%
Vitamin A 17.3% Vitamin C 14.6%
Calcium 17.6% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet