Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup With Bacon Bits
|Low sodium bacon/Turkey bacon||2 Ounce, coarsely chopped|
|Shallots/Small onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock||2 Quart|
|Sweet potatoes||12 Ounce, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|Canned solid pack pumpkin/2 cups cooked winter squash||16 Ounce|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a saucepan, add the bacon
2. Cook the bacon over moderate heat for about 3 minutes.
3. Stop cooking when the fat of the bacon comes out and the bacon is crisp.
4. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to paper towels and keep aside.
5. Use the same saucepan with the bacon fat, and put it on heat.
6. Add the shallots to the saucepan, then 1/4 cup of the stock.
7.Saute the mixture, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes.
8. Add the sweet potatoes.
9. Stir and cook for 3 minutes more.
10. Pour in the remaining stock and bring to a boil.
11. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for about 10 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are very soft.
12. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the vegetables to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
13. Add the pumpkin and combine into a smooth puree.
14. Take the saucepan and put the vegetable puree back into it.
15. Put the saucepan on low heat and simmer.
16. Stir the salt, pepper, and nutmeg into the soup.
17. Sprinkle the crumbled bacon and chopped parsley and serve.