Eliza Acton's Apple Soup
|Brown stock||2 Pint|
|Cooking apples||3⁄4 Pound|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Get rid of all the fat from the surface and prepare the cool stock.
2. Wash the apples and coarsely chop them without peeling or coring them.
3. Boil the stock, add the apples and use lid to cover the pan.
4. Boil the sup over low heat until apples turn soft.
5. Pass the soup through the sieve and rub through as much as fruit pulp as possible.
6. Add ginger and stir the mixture well. Sprinkle ground pepper and salt for the seasoning.
7. Heat the soup once again and get rid of any scum that remained in the surface.
8. In meanwhile cook rice with lots of salted water.
9. Drain the rice through sieve and keep it warm.
10. Serve the soup in bowls with rice in a separate bowl.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1342 Calories from Fat 555
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97.6%
Saturated Fat 0.26 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5847.2 mg243.6%
Total Carbohydrates 175 g58.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g38.1%
Sugars 51.1 g
Protein 21 g42.2%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 26.7%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet