Hearty Lamb Soup
|Scrag of lamb||1 1⁄2 Pound (In Pieces)|
|Small carrots||1⁄2 Pound, peeled|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Leeks||1⁄2 Pound, sliced and washed|
|Turnip||1 , peeled and diced|
|Celery stick||2 , chopped|
|Long grain rice||3 Ounce|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) In a saucepan, place the meat with bones and cover with cold water.
2) Boil the meat, drain and keep it under running cold water.
3) In a pan, transfer the drained meat.
4) Cover the meat with stock, bouquet garni and carrots as whole.
5) Boil the stock, cover the pan and simmer for at least 1 hour.
6) Let the stock get cool and remove the excess fat.
7) In a large suacepan, heat the oil.
8) in the pan, saute leeks, turnip along with celery for about 10 minutes.
9) In a strainer, strain the stock from the meat abd pour over vegetables.
10) Bring the stock to boil.
11) Add rice to the stock and again boil for further 8-9 minutes until the rice is fully cooked.
12) Remove the bones from the meat and cut the carrots in the slices.
13) Return meat and carrots to the stock.
14) Chill the hearty soup and serve.