Leek And Potato Soup
|Potatoes||1 Pound, peeled|
|Leeks||1 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Butter/2 tablespoon oil||1 Ounce|
|Cornflour||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Parsley/Chives||1 Pinch, chopped|
1) In a covered saucepan, cook vegetables for 30 minutes (cooking time is 5 minutes under pressure) in salted water with oil until soft.
2) Allow to cool a little and then with a wooden spoon, strain through a strainer or through a vegetable grater or liquidize.
3) When needed, heat again and mix in cornflour mixture.
4) Thicken the mixture by boiling and dilute with water if necessary.
5) Season and add in nutmeg.
6) Garnish with parsley or chives and serve in a tureen.
Calories 425 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.1%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.5 mg10.2%
Sodium 2003.2 mg83.5%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.5%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 8 g16.3%
Vitamin A 83.4% Vitamin C 120.6%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 36.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet