|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Ground almonds||3 Tablespoon|
|Mint||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
1) Mix cornstarch with a little water. Beat into yogurt. This would stabilize the yogurt before cooking.
2) In the saucepan pour yogurt mixture and slowly boil over moderate heat. Stir constantly.
3) Simmer for 10 minutes till thick.
4) In another pan boil chicken stock.
5) Take off from heat and let cool.
6) Lightly beat in the egg yolks.
7) Add little stock into the eggs and blend thoroughly.
8) Then stir the mixture into the stock.
9) Heat over low, simmer stirring all the time until stock has thickened. Don't let egg boil to avoid curdling.
10) Add yogurt into the stock.
11) Add ground almonds into the soup and adjust seasonings.
12) In a pan heat a tablespoon of butter and sauté chopped mint for 1-2 minutes.
13) Blend mint into soup just before serving.
Calories 274 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25%
Saturated Fat 7 g35.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 262.2 mg87.4%
Sodium 507.2 mg21.1%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g3.2%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 14 g28.3%
Vitamin A 16.2% Vitamin C 5.8%
Calcium 19.6% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet