Thick Lentil and Spinach Soup
|Dried lentils||1 Pound, washed|
|Cooking oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, minced|
|Egg noodles||5 Ounce|
|Spinach||1 Pound, chopped|
1) Take a large kettle; cover it after putting lentils and water in it.
2) Boil until soft for 1 1/2 to 2 hours careful not to be mushy.
3) If necessary, pour in enough water to maintain the consistency of a soup.
4) Take a small skillet; heat oil in it and sauté onions until yellow.
5) Add this along with noodles to lentil mixture and cook, covered for 20 minutes.
6) Stir in spinach and again cook for 5 minutes and add salt and pepper to taste.
7) Serve hot.