Chicken Soup Tlalpeno
|Canned chickpeas||15 Ounce (Garbanzos)|
|Canned chipotle chiles/1 teaspoon pure chili powder||2 , rinsed, drained, and seeded (Whole)|
|Diced carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Diced onion||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Large|
|Chicken stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Fresh herbs||3⁄4 Teaspoon (Marjoram, Thyme, Etc.)|
|Bay leaf||1 Small|
|Chicken breasts||2 , skinned and boned|
1) Douse chickpeas under running cold water.
2) Cut chilies into 1/16- to 1/4-inch julienne.
3) Trim carrot and make 1/4-inch cube.
4) Peel, halve, and pit avocado and cut lengthwise into 4 wedges.
5) Quarter lime.
6) Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
7) Mix carrot and onion and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
8) Crush garlic, add to pan and stir for another 2 minutes.
9) Add chickpeas, stock, and herbs. Turn heat to medium-high and simmer the soup. Reduce heat to medium-low partially cover saucepan and simmer soup for 30 to 40 minutes.
10) Cut chicken breast into 1/2-inch-wide strips and then into 1/2-inch dice.
11) Take off garlic clove and bay leaf from soup and remove. Add diced chicken and chilies or chili powder. Cook soup in simmering heat for 5 minutes and add salt to taste.
12) Spoon soup into individual bowls and float 2 slices of avocado in each bowl. Serve with lime wedges.