Cream Of Cauliflower Soup
|Cauliflower head||1 Pound, cut into florets (1 Small Head, 500 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cereal cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped chives||1 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Cook the cauliflower florets in boiling water, covered for 1 minute. Alternately, cook in the microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes.
2) Then drain and place in plenty of cold water.
3) Saute the onion in butter over a low heat, until soft. Alternately, cook in the microwave on MEDIUM for 1-2 minutes.
4) Stir in the cauliflower and chicken stock, then cook, covered over a medium heat for 30 minutes. Alternately, cook in the microwave on MEDIUm for 6-10 minutes.
5) Then, allow to cool and place in the refrigerator.
6) In a blender, blend the cauliflower mixture in batches, until smooth.
7) In a saucepan, pour the puree and bring to a boil.
8) In a jar with a tight fitting lid, shake the cereal cream and flour together.
9) Stir into the cauliflower puree and cook, until smooth and slightly thick. Alternately, cook in the microwave on MEDIUM for 4-6 minutes.
10) Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
11) Laddle the hot soup into soup bowls, garnish with the with Parmesan cheese and chives and serve immediately.