Carrot Apple and Celery Soup
|Carrots||2 Pound, finely diced (900 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Celery stick||3 , diced|
|Vegetable stock||1 3⁄4 Pint (1 Liter, 1 Quart, Fresh)|
|Dessert apples||3 Medium (Eating)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon (Puree)|
|Superfine caster sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Celery leaves||1 Tablespoon, washed and shredded (For Garnish)|
1. Place the carrots onion and celery in a large saucepan and add the stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, peel, core and dice 2 of the eating (dessert) apples. Add the pieces of apple, tomato puree (paste), bay leaf and caster (superfine) sugar to the saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, half cover and allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Remove and discard the bay leaf
3. Meanwhile, wash, core and cut the remaining apple into thin slices, leaving on the skin. Place the apple slices in a small saucepan and squeeze over the lemon juice. Heat gently and simmer for 1-2 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside.
4. Place the carrot and apple mixture in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Alternatively, press the carrot and apple mixture through a sieve with the back of a wooden spoon.
5. Gently re-heat the soup if necessary and season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle the soup into warm bowls and serve topped with the reserved apple slices and shredded celery leaves.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 820 Calories from Fat 32
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.9%
Saturated Fat 0.68 g3.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2754.8 mg114.8%
Total Carbohydrates 201 g67%
Dietary Fiber 51 g204%
Sugars 113.4 g
Protein 15 g29.9%
Vitamin A 3058.7% Vitamin C 247.7%
Calcium 48.5% Iron 31.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet