Carrot Soup with Fire Roasted Red Bell Pepper - Easy and Quick
|Carrots/Baby carrots - 1 cup||2 Small, thinly sliced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely (Optional)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped (Optional)|
|Roasted pepper||1⁄4 Small (Fire roasted red bell pepper used)|
|For the seasoning|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch, freshly ground|
|Cream||2 Tablespoon (Fat free cream used)|
|Coriander leaves||1 Teaspoon, chopped finely (To garnish)|
1. Into a jar, add the carrots, water and close the jar with the lid (with holes for the purpose of steaming).
2. Steam in the microwave oven for about 2 minutes.
3. Add a small piece of fire roasted red bell pepper and blend for about 10 seconds.
4. Season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add cream and shake the jar to stir.
5. Serve garnished with freshly chopped cilantro leaves.
You can replace water with vegetable or chicken stock for added flavor as per your taste and preference.
You can also add chopped onions and garlic along with the carrots while steaming.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 186 Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.3%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.1 mg0.7%
Sodium 396.7 mg16.5%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.2%
Sugars 17.2 g
Protein 3 g6.6%
Vitamin A 342% Vitamin C 22.4%
Calcium 13% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet