|White of leek||6 , cut into thin rounds|
|White onion||1 , sliced|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Potatoes||6 , peeled and sliced|
|Chicken bouillon||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||1 , beaten|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
|Light cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Crumbled bacon||1 Tablespoon (Crisp)|
1) Heat butter and fry leeks and onion in it until translucent but not brown.
2) Stir in potatoes, bouillon and parsley and cook until vegetables are tender.
3) Strain the vegetables and add the puree back to broth.
4) Add a small quantity of broth to the beaten egg yolk, stirring constantly.
5) Add this mixture to the remaining broth and season with salt and pepper.
6) Mix in cream and heat again careful not to boil.
7) Arrange in a tureen with crisp bacon after garnishing.
8) Serve hot with salad and rolls.