Chilled Carrot Soup
|Carrots||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Beef stock||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 (For Garnish)|
1) Skin and slice onion thinly.
2) Skin and crush garlic.
3) Trim and scrape carrots, chop coarsely.
4) In a heavy pan melt butter, cook onion and garlic on low heat.
5) Cover pan with lid till onion is soft.
6) Add carrot to onion and cook covered for 8 minutes.
7) Boil beef stock and pour over vegetables.
8) Simmer contents in the pan and on the lowest heat simmer for 30 minutes.
9) Take off from heat and cool.
10) Whirl in blender till smooth.
11) Alternately rub soup through a fine sieve into a bowl.
12) In another bowl, whip half of the cream lightly till it holds shape.
13) Add whipped cream into the soup.
14) Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
15) Chill soup for at least 1 hour.
16) Serve in individual bowls, adding a tablespoon of remaining cream. Sprinkle finely chopped parsley on each bowl.