Chick Pea Soup
|Chickpeas||4 Ounce, soaked overnight (100 Gram)|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Lean bacon rashers||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Plain flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomatoes||15 Ounce, pureed (425 Gram, 1 Can)|
|Stock||1 3⁄4 Pint (1 Liter)|
|Soft light brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Noodles||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Fat/Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
1) Drain the overnight soaked chick peas and keep aside.
2) Break the noodles into 2.5cm/1 inch long pieces and cook in salted water.
3) Boil the noodles for 6 minutes.
4) Drain the noodles well on kitchen paper.
5) In a pan, fry the onions with garlic and bacon.
6) On gentle heat cook for 5 minutes.
7) Add to the pan flour with tomato puree and cook for further 1-2 minutes.
8) Also add pureed tomatoes and stock while stirring continuously.
9) Boil the stock.
10) Season with salt and pepper and add bayleaves, brown sugar and chick peas.
11) Simmer the pan for 50 minutes until chick peas become tender.
12) In a frying pan, heat the oil to the temp. of 150C/325F.
13) Fry the noodles in the oil until pale brown and crispy.
14) Drain them well.
15) In soup bowl, serve the hot soup with fried noodles.