Hedelmakeitto Cold Fruit Soup
|Apricots and pears||1⁄2 Pound, dried|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Potato starch||2 Tablespoon|
1. Wash the prunes, apricots and pears in warm water and drain.
2. In a large pan, dissolve sugar in 1 1/2 quarts water.
3. Add the fruit to the syrup and soak overnight to soften.
4. Wash, peel, core and chop the apples. Add them to the soaked fruit.
5. Add the cinnamon to the mixture.
6. Place the pan on a medium flame and stew the fruit until soft.
7. Strain the fruit and keep aside.
8. Dissolve potato starch in a little cold water then blend into the hot juice.
9. Return the juice into the pan and bring to a boil, stirring until thick and hot.
10. Add the fruit and refrigerate until well chilled.
11. Ladle juice and fruit into cold bowls and serve chilled.