Spinach Soup With Yogurt
|Yellow onions||2 Medium|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Dill||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm) (Or Small)|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Plain yogurt||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1) Wash spinach in a large bowl. Change the water a couple of times.
2) Discard the tough stems and bruised leaves. Pat dry spinach with paper towels and set aside.
3) Skin off onions and cut slices about 1/4 inch thick. Also, rinse dill and pat dry with paper towels There should be enough dill to measure about 1 teaspoon.
4) Place a saucepan over medium heat and melt butter in it. Stir in onions and saute for about 2 minutes, until they begin to color.
5) Raise the saucepan heat to medium-high and pour chicken stock in it and boil. Now, add spinach, and stir well, while pushing the leaves down into the stock.
6) Cook spinach for about a minute and then take the pan off the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
7) Add stock, onions, spinach and 1 cup yogurt to a blender and process to make a puree. Turn out the puree soup into the saucepan and heat briefly, and adjust seasonings as required.
8) Transfer the soup to 4 bowls and top up each serving generously with yogurt and garnish with dill.