Chilled Lychee And Apple Soup
|Strong chicken stock||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Ginger||2 Inch, coarsely crushed|
|Cloves||4 , coarsely crushed|
|Cinnamon||1 Inch, coarsely crushed|
|Star anise||1 , coarsely crushed|
|Black peppercorns||1 Teaspoon, coarsely crushed|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
|Lime sorbet||1 Tablespoon|
|Limes||3 , juiced|
|Limca/Any lime based soda||600 Milliliter (Two 300 Milliliter Each Bottles)|
|Cubed apples||2 Cup (32 tbs), sprinkled with a little lime juice|
|Seeded lychees||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (Fresh Or Canned)|
1. Squeeze limes and collect juice.
2. In a pan combine stock, onion, ginger, salt and crushed spices.
3. Bring to a boil over high heat.
4. Lower heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
5. Strain and cool.
6. Mix in lime juice.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning.
8. Chill the soup overnight.
9. For the sourbet, combine squeezed lime juice with all the ingredients and stir till sugar dissolves.
10. Pour into a container and freeze overnight.
11. Ladle the chilled soup in well chilled cocktail glasses.
12. Spoon in apples and lychees.
13. Place a scoop of the lime sorbet on top and serve immediately.