Quick Beef Soup
|Lean ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon cubes||6|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Orzo pasta||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Frozen peas carrots and corn vegetable blend||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Set a large saucepan to medium-high heat cook beef, onion and garlic such that beef is brown, stirring to separate the beef and then drain the fat.
2. In a blender or food processor process tomatoes with juice such that smooth.
3. Add tomatoes, water, bouillon cubes and pepper to beef mixture and bring it to a boil.
4. Lower heat to low, simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
5. Simmer for more 15 minutes after adding orzo and vegetables.
6. Serve with French bread, if desired.
Calories 344 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.1%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.3 mg22.4%
Sodium 1178.5 mg49.1%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.7%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 30 g60.9%
Vitamin A 132.5% Vitamin C 35.7%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 26.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet