Quick Beef Soup
|Lean ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon cubes||6|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Orzo pasta||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Frozen peas carrots and corn vegetable blend||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Set a large saucepan to medium-high heat cook beef, onion and garlic such that beef is brown, stirring to separate the beef and then drain the fat.
2. In a blender or food processor process tomatoes with juice such that smooth.
3. Add tomatoes, water, bouillon cubes and pepper to beef mixture and bring it to a boil.
4. Lower heat to low, simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
5. Simmer for more 15 minutes after adding orzo and vegetables.
6. Serve with French bread, if desired.