Cream Of Cauliflower Soup
|Butter||1 Ounce (30 Gram)|
|Wholemeal flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Pint (570 Milliliter)|
|Vegetable stock||1 Pint (570 Milliliter)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|French mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Yeast extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Quarter the cauliflower and cook gently with the bayleaf in 1 inch (2.5cm) of water for 15 minutes.
2. Puree half of the cauliflower, taking care to first remove the bayleaf.
3. Chop and fry the onion and celery in the butter and when soft stir in the flour and cook for a few minutes.
4. Add the milk slowly, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Next stir in the cauliflower puree, and finally the stock, mixing together thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper, French mustard and yeast extract.
5. Carefully break up the florets of the remainder of the cauliflower and sprinkle into the soup. Avoid boiling after this stage or the florets will break up. Serve with croutons.
Calories 252 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.7%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.2 mg9.1%
Sodium 485.4 mg20.2%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35%
Sugars 13.1 g
Protein 11 g22.1%
Vitamin A 7.8% Vitamin C 169.3%
Calcium 20.5% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet