|Pearl barley||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Beef soup bone||2 Pound|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
1. Wash and clean the barley and simmer in 2 cups of water for twenty minutes till it is soft.
2. Cook soup bone in water to cover until meat leaves bone; remove from stock.
3. Combine celery, carrots and potatoes in 1 quart beef stock and then simmer till tender.
4. Cut beef into bite-sized pieces; add to celery mixture. Add barley and salt. Simmer for several minutes longer.
5. Serve warm with toasted bread and fresh salads
Calories 60 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.18 g0.28%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.11%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 89.7 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 1 g2.8%
Vitamin A 72.2% Vitamin C 15.7%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 2.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet