|Pearl barley||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Beef soup bone||2 Pound|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
1. Wash and clean the barley and simmer in 2 cups of water for twenty minutes till it is soft.
2. Cook soup bone in water to cover until meat leaves bone; remove from stock.
3. Combine celery, carrots and potatoes in 1 quart beef stock and then simmer till tender.
4. Cut beef into bite-sized pieces; add to celery mixture. Add barley and salt. Simmer for several minutes longer.
5. Serve warm with toasted bread and fresh salads