Hearty Macaroni Soup
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Red onion||1 , chopped|
|Red chilies||2 , seeded, finely chopped|
|Red pepper||1 , chopped|
|Carrots||2 , chopped|
|Zucchini||2 , sliced|
|Vegetable stock||1 3⁄4 Pint (4 Cups, 1 Liter)|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce, undrained, mashed (440 Gram)|
|Elbow macaroni||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Canned red kidney beans||14 Ounce, rinsed (440 Gram)|
|Finely chopped thyme/1/2 teaspoon dried thyme||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Grated cheese||1 Tablespoon (For Garnishing)|
1. In a large saucepan heat oil over a medium heat.
2. Put in onion and chilies and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion is soft.
3. Put in red pepper, carrots, zucchini, stock, tomatoes and macaroni, bring to simmering and let it simmer for 10 minutes or such that macaroni is cooked.
4. Mix in beans and thyme, let it simmer for 2 minutes or until heated through.
5. Add black pepper to season as per taste.
6. Ladle hot soup into warmed soup bowls.
7. Garnish with a little grated cheese if you like.
Calories 431 Calories from Fat 51
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.7%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.3 mg1.1%
Sodium 872.7 mg36.4%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 14.5 g57.8%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 18 g35.6%
Vitamin A 144.5% Vitamin C 141.4%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet