LambBone and LimaBean Soup
|Lamb bones||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lima beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), dried|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Tomato juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) In soup kettle, add bones and trimmings.
2) Add beans and water and keep aside for 2 hours.
3) Stir onion and celery and boil slowly. Skim the foam from top. Simmer for two hours.
4) Take off trimmings and bone.
5) Mince meat on the bone and add to soup.
6) Discard any fat from the soup.
7) With a potato masher slightly mash the beans.
8) Stir in tomato juice.
9) Add salt and pepper to taste. Heat thoroughly.
10) Serve hot or cold.
Calories 244 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.5%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 37.2 mg12.4%
Sodium 610.3 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.8%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 20 g40.6%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 73.3%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 20.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet