Tomato Prawn Soup
|Prawns||1 Kilogram (With Shells)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Kilogram, blanched, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Prawn stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, unpeeled|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed|
|Chicken stock||1 Liter|
|Chopped green onions||8 Tablespoon|
1. Wash prawn heads as well as shells thoroughly and crush them lightly.
2. In a pan heat 1 tbsp butter along with 1 tbsp oil over moderate heat.
3. Add prawn heads and shells to the pan.
4. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
4. Include sliced onions, ginger and garlic and again saute for 2-3 minutes.
5. Stir in stock, salt and peppercorns too.
6. Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
7. Strain stock into a fresh pan, crushing the residue in the strainer with a wooden spoon and set aside.
8. Discard residue left behind in the strainer.
9. In a pan add about 2 tbsp butter along with 1 tbsp oil over moderate heat.
10. Add chopped onions to the pan and fry till light brown.
11. Mix in tomatoes, chicken stock, wine and pepper.
12. Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer, stirring occasionally till tomatoes are soft and well blended.
13. Pour in strained prawn stock and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
14. Just before serving, you must reheat soup.
15. Include prawns and simmer for 3-4 minutes, till just cooked.
16. Taste and adjust seasoning according to the taste.
17. Spoon into warmed soup bowls and garnish with spring onions.
18. Serve hot.