Lamb And Vegetable Soup
|Dried split peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped|
|Carrots||2 Large, diced|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), cubed|
1) Split bone in several places.
2) Take a kettle; put bone in it together with water and peas and bring to a boil.
3) Boil, covered for 2 hours and then add in remaining ingredients.
4) Simmer again for 30 minutes until vegetables are soft and translucent.
5) Remove bone.
6) Alternatively soup can be prepared in Pressure Cooker by cooking bone, 1 1/2 quarts water, and celery at 15-pound pressure for 15 minutes.
7) Remove the bone after reducing the pressure.
8) Remove any scraps of meat that is attached to bone and put back the meat in cooker.
9) Stir in rest of the ingredients and cook for 5 minutes at 15-pound pressure.
10) If desired, garnish with parsley and serve.