Thick Lentil Soup
|Sliced salami/Frankfurters||1⁄2 Pound|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Dried lentils||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Celery||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Mixed spice||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hot red pepper||1 Small|
1) Slice salami into 1/4 inch strips.
2) In a heavy kettle, heat fat and brown salami strips slowly in it.
3) Sauté onions and minced garlic for 5 minutes and stir in water, washed lentils, celery, green pepper and spices.
4) Cover and allow the mixture to come to boil and reduce flame.
5) Boil for 1 1/2 hours until lentils are cooked and add seasonings during last 30 minutes.
6) Serve hot.