Lemon Shrimp Soup
|Large shrimp||1 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Lemon grass||3 , cut into pieces|
|Green serrano chilies||2 Tablespoon, slivered|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon (Nam Pla)|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Coriander leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Green onions||3 , chopped|
1. Halve peeled and deveined shrimp, reserving the shells, lengthwise.
2. Take a pot, add oil, heat well. Add the shrimp shells and sauté to turn pink.
3. Mix in chicken stock, citrus leaves, slivered chilies and lemon grass. Heat till mixture starts boiling, lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Drain the stock and transfer back to pot. Allow to come to boil. Mix in lime juice and fish sauce and take off from heat instantly.
5. Take a soup tureen, transfer the soup to it.
6. Garnish with green onions and chopped coriander and serve immediately.