Vegetable and Ham Soup
|Unsalted margarine/Butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Potato||1 Large, peeled|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||16 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Ham||10 Ounce, cut|
|No salt added chicken flavor instant bouillon||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. Melt margarine in Dutch oven over medium heat.
2. Put in onion and saute until tender.
3. Put in remaining ingredients and 5 cups water.
4. Let it boil over medium-high heat.
5. Lower heat to simmer.
6. Cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until potato is tender.
7. Garnish with carrot curls and fresh chives, if desired.
8. To microwave in 10-inch microwave-safe tube pan place margarine and onion.
9. Cover with vented plastic wrapand cook on High power about 2 to 3 minutes, or until onion is tender.
10. Put in remaining ingredients and 5 cups water.
11. Cover with vented plastic wrap.
12. Cook on High power for 10 minutes, or until boiling.
13. Lower power to Medium-High (70%)and continue cooking for 30 minutes, or until potato is tender and garnish.
Calories 651 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.8%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.8 mg32.6%
Sodium 481.6 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.8%
Dietary Fiber 14.1 g56.5%
Sugars 8.1 g
Protein 43 g85.9%
Vitamin A 246.2% Vitamin C 101.1%
Calcium 17.6% Iron 24.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet