Red Lentils With Soup
|Red lentil||1 Cup (16 tbs), rinsed (Masoor Dal)|
|Water||4 1⁄4 Cup (68 tbs), divided|
|Light olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Green chilies||2 , split and chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Tomato||1 Medium, chopped|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Firm tofu||14 Ounce, cubed|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Pour rinsed red lentils and 4 c. of water in a medium saucepan. Over medium heat, cook dal until it is cooked through, about 20 minutes. It should be tender but not mushy.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil. Add onion, chilies, and garlic, and sauté over medium heat until onions are golden.
3. Add tomato and cook for 5 minutes or until tomato is cooked through. Turn off heat and allow mixture to cool (about 15 minutes).
4. In a blender fitted with a steel blade or a food processor, grind the mixture and 1/4 c. water to a puree.
5. In the same skillet, add butter. When it melts, add cardamom, cumin, cinnamon, and red chili, and fry over low heat for 1 minute.
6. Add cooked lentils and cook for 3 minutes. Increase heat to medium and add puree and tofu; cook for 5 minutes. Salt to taste.
7. Serve with rice, bread, or any dry chicken and fish dish.
This video is a creation of flexcook. You can visit flexcook for complete recipes, and more videos.