Green Pea Soup
|Sweet peas/10 ounce package of frozen sweet peas||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Light olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Tomato||1 , chopped|
|Potato||1 Medium, chopped|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole milk/Low fat milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Cooked peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan filled with enough water to cover, cook peas for 8–10 minutes, until tender. Remove from heat, discard the water, and set aside peas. Reserve 2 Tbsp. of cooked peas for garnish.
2. In a large saucepan, heat the oil. Add onions, tomato, potato, and cumin seeds, and sauté for 5–7 minutes, until the onions are tender. Let cool for 5 minutes.
3. Transfer the contents from the large saucepan into a blender fitted with a steel blade or a food processor. Add mint leaves, milk, and cooked peas, and puree.
4. Pour the mixture back into the large saucepan. Add salt, red chili powder, black pepper, and brown sugar, and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Serve soup hot in bowls. Garnish with chopped cilantro, reserved cooked peas, and croutons.
This video is a creation of flexcook. You can visit flexcook for complete recipes, and more videos.