Golden Dream Soup
|Cauliflower||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Zucchini||1 Small, chopped|
|Green beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tamari||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Nutritional yeast||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Wash, peel and dice the carrots into ½ inch pieces.
2. Wash and cut the cauliflower into small florets.
3. Wash and cut zucchini into ½ inch dices.
4. Wash, string and cut beans into ½ inch pieces
5. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan or a stock pot, combine the cut vegetables, water and herbs.
6. Place the pot on a medium flame and simmer the vegetables until they are tender.
7. Transfer the contents of the pot into a jar of a liquidizer and blend the vegetables into a smooth puree.
8. Return the puree to the pot and heat again on a medium flame.
9. Stir in the yeast and simmer till hot.
10. Ladle the hot soup into individual soup bowls or into a large soup tureen,garnish as desired.
11. Serve with crusty bread, crackers or rice.
12. You could use other vegetables like spinach, potato, broccoli, cabbage to make this broth.
Calories 44 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.43 g0.67%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.27%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 814.5 mg33.9%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 3 g6.2%
Vitamin A 76.9% Vitamin C 35.6%
Calcium 3% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet